Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Goodnight

Originally Posted: 3/23/08

Why waste my time writing love songs for you? Why spill the words I could share with another? So many questions that add up to nonsense. Worth it? Not worth it? The questions are constant. I told you once I believed in forever, but concepts and ideals have no place in this world. I’m just a dreamer and there’s no place like home, but it feels so damn empty here, this room is so cold. Maybe its my austere sense of interior decorating, or maybe its the lack of your essence permeating. Where once you seemed to linger, I could smell you on my breath, there’s nothing but the stale, old scent of burned out ciggarettes. Killing myself never tasted so good.

I fantasize and cauterize, I write these little lyrics and I try to tell myself that being left alone is fine. I try to see the good in it, in being left behind, but fuck if I’m not bitter. Baby, hatred is divine. So see yourself back out of here, I need to catch some sleep. Before that golden orb sets and the nightmares come for me. I wish you lots of happy days, some long and peaceful nights, but now and then I hope you wake in terror. Because that haunting little voice that talks to you while your asleep, and tells you that you’re dying, that voice belongs to me. So sleep, my dear, forever sleep, and wake when I command. Cause Death is at your door my dear, come from Neverland.

Second star to the right and you’ll never see morning.

Sheets of broken glass beneath my feet. A choir on the early morning breeze. Liberation.

S.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment