Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Series of Portraits Frozen in Time

Originally Posted: 7/20/06

A Series of Portraits Frozen in Time
My most precious memories are moments that I can never recall. Moments that seem so perfect they almost make you sad because you know it will be over too soon. These are often marred by the imperfect memory and therefore, I prefer to let them linger in the past. Never too far from my minds eye, but always out of reach for conscious thought. This way, they're preserved without the blundering of my reminiscing. I think people are the same as memories.

I keep the people I hold most dear a little further from my reach these days. At least the ones in the past. People with whom I can sense a delicate balance. Where once these relationships seemed so strong now they teeter on the fragile balance of destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment