Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Worm God on Love

Originally Posted: 12/9/06

*Author's note: The original title for this was 'The Worm God in Love' because I intended to write it as a parrallel between my own life and the character of Shakespeare in "Shakespeare in Love". However, upon beginning said parrallel I realized I have never seen that movie and therefore could do nothing at all.

"I owe my heart to another
But its hard to care
When you're sitting so close
So just kiss me one time, baby
Let me lose control..."

Have you ever fallen for someone you couldn't have? Begun the slow descent into the pool of fetid madness that is the human heart and all in vain for the person you go to such great lengths to be with, to possess, is ever out of reach. Have you ever dreamt of soft moonlight and satin sheets, making love to that person just to feel their skin against yours? Perversions aside, that's a beautiful moment and one you will, unfortunately, never experience with the subject of your unwarranted love.

"She flies like a bird
Over his shoulder
She whispers in his ear
'Boy, you are my star...'"

Perhaps that is the nature of those types of feelings. To provide a roller coaster experience. At times that are exciting, deliciously refreshing and altogether a cause for exultation. Other times they are a bitter reminder that not everyone can acheive the same level of happiness, that some of us are born to suffer hardships and some of us, as much as we'd like to, can not please everyone. We're human, and that makes us less than omnipotent. Even the gods lack that ability, why should we possess it?

No comments:

Post a Comment